Health Benefits of Halotherapy
Studies have found that halotherapy can have benefits for respiratory conditions, skin problems, and allergies.
Salt is a natural and safe ingredient. It does not have any notable side effects. It is also:
- Mucoactive, clearing up mucus from your airways
- Antibacterial, helping prevent infections
Research has found that because of these properties, halotherapy can be used as part of the treatment of:
- Lung infection
- Throat infection or pharyngitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Smoking-related breathing problems
- Respiratory allergies
- Cold or cough
- Cystic fibrosis
Halotherapy can also be used to treat breathing problems caused by COVID-19, improving your breathing and the amount of oxygen in your blood.
Tiny salt particles used in halotherapy can also help repair your skin cells and protect your skin from aging and infection. This therapy can be used to treat: